I met up with my dearest peng today, and was greeted by a
BIG, squishy, long hug. What warmth. Only then did it hit me how glad I am to be home. :) If I put away all the drama in my (recent past) life, I suppose I could look forward to this long summer break with all the people I love no matter what. It was a ball catching up, though we didn't wanna bore her poor Dillon to bits. We were gonna go to Balcony but it was toopacked. Thus we went to indochine. Had a
choc martini - abolute heaven! Couldn't have anymore cos I was driving. Yes! I'm back to driving. With one hand. Bad habit, I know but still, I'm getting used to it again. Ahh Joy.
My phone was dead, and I might well have missed Sonzy's call. :( It's charging now, and I'm going to text her when it's revived. So anywhos, because phone was dead = Gabe couldn't get me. According to him, he and Em were waiting for me at Chompchomp since 8. And by the time I called him back it was 12am. I'm going to give myself the benefit of the doubt; there is no way they waited for 3hours! But yes, I sent Peng and her darling home and missed so many turns it's not funny. I finally reached SerangoonGardens at 12.30am. We hung out til about 2.30, talking about stuff and how fast we're growing up. What a scary thought. Shudder. And we bumped into Jimmy. Laughing at Jimmy's past drunken antics. Ha. Those were the days. Can't believe it's been nearly 4 years now. Those were the days I was a (I quote:) "
hardcore" partygirl. Partying til wee hours of the morning 3, 4 times a week. And mind you, it was a school week! The conclusion I came to after all the discussion was: partygirls have fun, but they eventually end up lonely. Unless they change their ways. Or maybe find someone who will really understand why they need to partypartyparty. And I can do neither. Actually, I don't even know why I bother reflecting; I lost everything I once had, and it's all too late. So I guess: "
Once a partygirl, always a partygirl." Hah.
That cynic in me.