music to my ears jay chou - ye qu
“You’re ridiculous when it comes to shopping.”
And that was only a rough idea I gave Mark.
Okay so what if you don’t want to read about my trip in
excruciating detail? I’m gonna give you some anyways!
The flight at 6 am was a killer cos I didn’t manage to sleep much at all the night before; I
passed out the entire 3 and a half hours to HK. Got there, still very tired so hence
Day One was spent close-by the hotel at Tsim Sha Tsui, which is in Kowloon. We went to touristy places like the
Avenue of Stars and took in the sights. That was such a hot day too; people were walking round in tshirts. Hello? It is supposed to be winter! The world is so weird these days. But anywhos, we went to
Mong Kok to shop after dinner. It’s exactly how I remembered it – crowded with loads of people and shops with winter items for sale and
cheapCHEAPcheap.
Day Two
Causeway Bay/
Times Square. Where I bought my first pair of
Levi’s. The new Princess fit jeans! Cropped! I
heart cropped jeans okay. But they always fit so lousy. This was so good I was so happy I got into a I-will-buy-all-jeans mood. So fast forward to when I’m in a
mng store. I tried on a pair of dark jeans and they fit soooo well too! Too long but no matter, I can always alter the length. Pay for purchase and leave. Walked out. Fell in
love with a pair of thousand-dollar (HKD) boots. Heartbroken when I check my balance. Not enough $$ to buy boots. Heartbroken. Harp. Go to
Mong Kok again to change the colour of a cardigan I bought the day before. Had ma la Sze Chuan la mian. In English that means fuckin-spicy Chinese beef noodles.
Day ThreeMeet up with Aunt and we go to the
Jade Market in Yau Ma Tei after Yum Cha in Tsim Sha Tsui upon Mom’s request. There was like a tour group there too and this American guy was like “She bought so many things! She’s spending all my money.” while pointing to his daughter. I smiled saying “I guess that’s what girls do.” Haha! My dad would say that.
Afterwards, we go to HK’s newly opened 24-hr shopping centre (imagine the joy if it was in Sg!)
apm. It was pretty posh though it was all the way in Kwun Tong, about 30mins away from downtown HK? It’s far considering how HK trains are always packed and you never have a place to sit! Imagine standing for the whole ride! BAH!
And here I bought my 2nd pair of cropped
Levi’s jeans. It was vintage looking and my Sis paid for half of it so…
Day Four
Tai Koo Shing. Jusco. City Plaza. Bought really random stuff like a Lego calender and that flip-flap toy thing. And a photo album. And of course an ultra cool ozoc silk bag…
Day Five
The Mickified-Train to Disneyland.
Mickey meal. Notice the Starbucks-styled Mickey cup and the little Mickey head on the side of the bowl.
A minature version of a larger Fantasyland.
Main Street USA.


Disney on parade.
In the Disney Store.
Disneyland! So.Fucking.Crowded. Only one really adult ride –
Space Mountain. And we went on the
Mad Hatter’s Tea Party ride. Ahh, cute little tea cups spinning around on a giant plate… and then we got the dumb
Dumbo ride. We had to wait for 45 freaking mins to get on!!!!! 45 mins for a 2 min ride. It’s ridiculous how busy a Monday was. We didn’t finish visiting every attraction but we managed to fit Adventureland’s river cruise in after the fireworks. Yes!
Fireworks.
Absolutely gorgeous. Look!
Before: All is calm and majestic looking.

After: All is pretty and majestic looking.

I was freezing my ass off in only one layer in 12degrees yet I still found time to have an overpriced Mickey ice-cream!
I think Disneyland loves us – my family spent close to SGD500 in their stores. But of course, everyone else there that day seemed to treat $$ like water and racked up huge (possibly bigger) bills. Disneyland was funfunfun but ultimately, we were overcharged. I mean, HKD60 (about SGD13.40) for a small tin of cookies?! I only bought it cos the tins were cute okay. That is my excuse. :) No questions asked about the total number of tins I bought. But I’ll tell you about the HKD60 bucket of popcorn I bought for the Disney Princesses bucket. And then I’ll shut up cos I’m so ashamed of my frivolity. But hey, I refrained a lot so give me some credit.
Day Six
Was uninteresting. Lunch and tun nai at Jordan. Then sis went to do her hair, which turned out pretty well I suppose. It’s too trendy for me though.
Dinner at night with my Aunt and 2 cousins!
Food-wise there was a lot of roast meat and noodles in my diet. I had my tun nai (Steamed Milk) and Mango Sago at Hui Lau Shan almost every other day. The latter was like on every corner and everytime I walked past I just couldn’t resist… HK sure knows how to feed her people.
Hui Lau Shan at Yau Ma Tei. They’re like 7-11 in Taipei and Thailand – everywhere!!!
And there you have it: how I travelled across HK in pursuit of new materialistic items!
But before I go, here’s a recap in numbers if you’re curious!
4 pairs of jeans: 2 Levi’s, 1 mng, 1 random;
1 LBD (little black dress, for the 10, 000th time!);
5 necklaces;
6 pairs of earrings;
1 pair of boots;
1 pair of Converse sneakers;
1 pair of stripped slippers;
2 bags: 1 weaved big bronze bag + 1 silk leopard print ozoc tote;
1 TOMY flip-flap (you know that solar-powered toy that shakes it head? Well this is the plant versh);
1 pale yellow cardigan;
2 long sleeved tops;
1 trench coat;
And countless items from Disneyland.