Last day of 2005 aka
NYE was spent loitering at S'pore Expo Hall 2A. Where the
Mambo Jambo event was held. Yes, yes, yes. I can't get enough of Mambo. And besides, I figured it would be toopacked everywhere else; the expo is bigenough and nearenough. Two deciding factors in my agreeing. Got there round 10 (the rest met up at 8.30 apparently!) because Nr
forgot to call me okay. And I thought we weren't going down anymore since we didn't get tix yesterday. Went to sleep because lack of night before. Woke up at 9pm. Had dinner and all that. THEN got missed call from Nr. Thanks ah. Took a cab down because I was feeling generous. And then had to walk farfardistance from taxi stand to 2A in killerheels. Again!
Note to self: never wear those heels if walking long distances/ dancing long periods again. Nr and his friends got VIP passes - why ah??? So unfair. But we threatened to leave him alone allnight if he went to sit in the VIP section. Lol. So we all stuck together, standing around til it was 12. You know, the mambo was disappointing. They included pop songs. What pop songs!? Dumb shit. I was waiting the whole time for
Summer Rain. No
Summer Rain. BAH.
Left Expo around 1. Nr's place to get more alcohol. And then to Dong's cousin's for alcoholparty. :) Indian poker and all that. Nearly
there. Sobered up. First breakfast of 2006: Roti prata kosong with Milo peng okay. Eventful. Home. Slept at 7am. Woke at 3.30pm. Went down to Orchard (very, very dumb of me; high density of human beings + lack of sleep make for a very irritated Ena). Had dinner at Crystal Jade with Momsy. Again only the both of us. I miss my Daddy.